Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Is Engineering?

Engineering is all about “engineering” life. How do you define engineering? I define engineering as the art of maneuvering that leads you to success in anything that you do in life. So, you engineer a situation; you engineer problems; you engineer difficulties; you engineer solutions; you engineer failures so as to succeed thereafter. While engineering, you use all your knowledge that you have acquired so far. Engineering is all about manipulating obstacles, so as to achieve the goals, perhaps, at any cost or at the cost that you can afford. That’s engineering for me. What about you?

I am an engineer by education, by profession, and by choice. I love myself for being an engineer. It gives me immense pleasure in replying to someone who asks me – what do you do for a living? By and large, I reply, with a bit of “tashan”, that I am an engineer. I just love the word engineering. I feel I am a gamer and the world is my amphitheater. I have to show the world how I play the “game.” At times, I play by the rules, and at other times, I make the rules. I write protocols, for others to follow. I just love what I do. I am sure for my entire life I would be engineering – or call it maneuvering, in layman term.

Then there are several fields of engineering. You see, when you have many players, you have to give them their own space to play. :-) They need their own rules to play. Just imagine the world without engineering!!! It would look so ugly. We would go to the ancient times, wherein, we didn’t have any tools. The world will come to a grinding halt without engineering. So, there you agree with me. Right? Thus, engineering makes the world move.


So, next time, if somebody asks you – what do you do? Reply with some “tashan” that you engineer.

1 comment:

Furkan said...

You made me feel so proud to be an "Engineer"...