Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Winning

A couple of months back, I finished reading a book called “Winning” by Jack Welch. I found this book very useful and extremely informative. I suggest you to read this. It would be worth the effort and time.

Here is the gist of some important points adapted from that book. I hope to incite enough enthusiasm in you that you “hog” on to it right away. No, I am not publicizing the book for Mr. Welch. I want well-educated co-workers around me. :-)

What leaders do?
1) Leaders relentlessly upgrade their teams, using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach, and build self-confidence.
2) Leaders make sure people not only see the vision, but also live and breathe it.
3) Leaders get into everyone's skin, exuding positive energy and optimism.
4) Leaders establish trust with candor, transparency, and credit.
5) Leaders have the courage to make unpopular decisions and gut calls.
6) Leaders probe and push with a curiosity that borders on skepticism, making sure their questions are answered with action.
7) Leaders inspire risk taking and learning by setting the examples.
8) Leaders celebrate.

No comments: